- Director & CEU (Chief Executive Unicorn) Olly Pike is the creator of Pop'n'Olly Ltd. He writes the stories, draws the pictures, animates the videos and even stars in them! Using skills learnt from his theatrical, and children’s television, background Olly creates inclusive content that is fun and informative. Olly is a regular LGBT+ education panellist and media guest and his work has been highly praised and shared amongst the LGBT+ and inclusive education community. Countless schools, charities, organisations and companies regularly use Olly's content as part of their LGBT+ inclusive practice. Having been short-listed for a ‘National Diversity’ and a 'Gay Times Honours’ award, Olly has also spoken in Parliament and London City Hall and has showcased his work at events such as 'The Children's Media Conference', 'Stonewall‘s Education For All Conference' and 'The NEU LGBT+ Educators Conference’. In 2020 Olly made the UK‘s Pride Power List and in 2021 Olly was awarded an Attitude Pride Award. Olly has also created content for CBeebies, Tate Kids, Hopster TV and collaborated with UK charities Stonewall and Mermaids. To date, Olly has distributed over 20,000 copies of his LGBT+ and equality inclusive books to children, parents and teachers around the world and the Pop’n’Olly YouTube channel continues to receive millions of views.
Jack Lynch (They/Them)
- Workshops, Social Media & Business Manager Jack has worked with children and young people throughout their career in both sport and education settings. They are the workshops and training leader, regularly working directly with schools to help them be more LGBT+ inclusive. Jack is also the marketing maestra and business manager back at Pop'n'Olly HQ. "Lets educate IN diversity and OUT educate prejudice. Let's make it our generation's legacy to promote and teach acceptance, understanding and joy. That's really what lies at the heart of what I do."
Mel Lane (She/Her)
- Head of Education Mel has been a primary school teacher for nearly 30 years and worked in schools on LGBTQ+ Inclusion with thousands of children and hundreds of teachers. "My biggest aim is to help children feel good about who they are and who they love. I like to think of us all being part of a huge team, all working in our own way to make things better for children around the world. Slowly and surely we are making things better." Mel is a co-author of Pop'n'Olly's book What Does LGBT+ Mean? Learn more about Mel's inclusive education at diversitymel.com.
James Canning (He/Him)
- Education Consultant & Advisor James is a university student passionate about maths and physics. He works alongside his mother (Mel) and Dorset's LGBT+ youth charity Space Youth Project, to deliver staff training and workshops in schools for students aged 4 - 18. James is a co-author of Pop'n'Olly's book What Does LGBT+ Mean?
- Chief Executive Balloon & Head of Inflation Pop is the friendly, blue balloon sidekick to Olly. Or maybe Olly is the sidekick to Pop? Either way they both star in a number of videos on their awesome YouTube channel. Pop is fun and silly but he also likes to learn about all the amazing and different people in our world. Sometimes Olly teaches Pop and sometimes Pop teaches Olly because everyone knows something you don't!